Guidance and Counseling Program
RIS Guidance & Counseling Program encourage students’ academic, social, emotional, and personal development. RIS does this through our guidance and counseling services that help RIS students get to know and understand themselves better and find effective and appropriate solutions to their daily concerns and problems
- Student Discipline
- Career Counseling
- Student Council and Leadership Training
- Behavior Modification
- Reach Evaluation and Assessment Division (READ)
- Student and Parent Orientations
R.E.A.D. [Reach Educational Assessment Division] R.E.A.D. [Reach Educational Assessment Division]
R.E.A.D. is a division of Reach International School. It is an educational evaluation and assessment center. It is comprised of psycho-educational professionals who offer administration and interpretation of a wide array of assessment tools to investigate the multifaceted components of a student’s profile, learning level, and performance capabilities.
Our purpose as an institution is to supply reliable and valid evaluation of a student’s knowledge and skills. This will provide the opportunity to create appropriate programs to enhance behavioral or academic performance. This will advance the quality of learning in a student’s education to reach optimal functioning and potential.
Reasons for the test as a mandatory admissions procedure:
- It enables the education board and faculty to distinguish the cognitive strengths and weaknesses of each student.
- It enables us to assess the academic growth of an applicant.
- It enables us to design and develop effective educational plans.
- It allows for early intervention where needed.
- It brings about proper school level placement.
- It enables us to develop efficient individualized programs.
- It provides guidance in clinical assessment.
- It helps the faculty to create suitable and quality educational strategies.
- It permits us to enhance the multiple intelligences of each student.
- It enables us to identify educational skills and abilities of each student.
- It is an important tool and guide for behavior modification strategies where and when needed .
- It enables each student to achieve his or her full potential.